Are you a Gold Coaster looking for a new mechanic?
Finding a good mechanic can be tough. Unless you’re quite savvy about cars, a mechanic could tell you anything on your car needs to be replaced or repaired and you wouldn’t know for sure if its true or not! Thankfully there’s a few awesome mechanics on the Gold Coast and here’s a few tips that should help you sort the good from the bad.
- Inform you what they’re doing
- Offer a clear explanation of the work that needs to be done on your car
- Are quick to acknowledge if they make a mistake, should something go wrong
- Use specified / approved parts
- Have the car ready when they say they will
- Advise you of costs before carrying out the work and don’t allow ‘bill shock’ to happen
- Change parts unnecessarily
- Don’t carry out the jobs that they say they will
- Keep you coming back because they haven’t done the job properly
- Charge unexpected items on your invoice
Unfortunately there are local auto-mechanics who aren’t adequately qualified to be working on your car.
Good mechanics don’t cut corners
Would you let unlicensed electrician carry out electrical repairs to your home?
Would you use an unlicensed builder to build your house?
How can you trust an unqualified auto mechanic with the safety of your vehicle for you and your family?
If you’re looking for an honest mechanic, we’d love to help.
We’re more than happy to show you the parts replaced on your car, explain the work completed and we promise no nasty surprises when it’s time to pay your invoice.
What do YOU think makes a good auto mechanic?